Before we lazily include the press release that our favourite PR™ Stefan McGarry sent us, here are just a short list of reasons why next year’s Out Run remake will be the best racer on the Xbox 360 and PS3 next year.
1) Out Run 2006 Coast 2 Coast is still the best racer of all time.
2) Sumo Digital couldn’t make a rubbish Out Run game if they had guns pointed at their heads. They’re that bloody good.
3) The original Out Run still has the most stunning locations of any 80s driving game, the new ones look even better.
4) We’ve just had to change our pants. That’s the impact this earth shattering news has had on us. No other Sega announcement, with perhaps the possibility of a brand new Panzer Dragoon game can do this to us.
5) The office is already sick to death of me telling everyone how great this game is going to be and I only received confirmation about ten minutes ago.
So for your viewing pleasure here are some shots of the new game.
Next year can’t come soon enough!
Look at it. Just look at it!!!
This is why we love Sumo Digital.
If Sumo sneaks Retro Gamer bill boards into this, it could become the greatest racer of all time. In fact, it will become the greatest racer of al time.
Oh here’s that press release we were on about…
OUTRUN ONLINE ARCADE
FEEL THE WIND IN YOUR HAIR AS YOU POWER YOUR WAY ALONG THE HIGHWAYS IN OUTRUN™ ONLINE ARCADE
SEGA’s classic arcade racer returns, but this time it’s in stunning HiDef and available via PlayStation® Network and Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®. Developed by acclaimed Sheffield studio Sumo Digital, OutRun Online Arcade, will be available early 2009.
Test your time, speed and handling ability as you race through vibrant, colourful stages and rediscover the 15 glorious OutRun courses. From the steep streets of San Francisco to the beautiful beaches of California, it’s mile after mile of unrelenting acceleration, thrills and action. Feel the kick as you put your foot to the floor in one of the 10 high-performance, fully licensed Ferrari cars as you race your way across the U.S. to a killer soundtrack.
For the first time on PlayStation® Network and Xbox LIVE®, OutRun Online Arcade delivers online multiplayer racing for up to 6 players, with fast paced OutRun, Heart Attack and Time Attack modes, the draw to the open road has never been so appealing. OutRun Online Arcade on Xbox LIVE® will feature achievements and voice; and on PlayStation® Network will include trophies, voice over IP and leaderboards.
Which route will you choose on your drive for the highest possible score?